To provide opportunities to increase our skill level and knowledge of underwater photography and video techniques in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Have fun !
- Remain independent of any specific club or dive shop.
- Maintain an informal and friendly atmosphere to reach out to fellow club members and experts in the field of photography and videography to provide a venue for expanding our image making skills.
- Network with other organizations with similar interests to share resources.
- Encourage other local divers with an interest in underwater photography.
- Hold supportive in-club competitions.
- Participate in local, regional, national and international competitions as a method of challenging our skills and talents.
Established in 1999… Our Mission Statement is unchanged since the beginning. The only changes within AIM have been the improvement in image making stills and videos while continuing to provide imaginative learning through diverse opportunities for its membership.
AIM was established in 1999 with the focus of providing support to underwater photographers and videographers in the greater Sacramento /Sierra Foothills area. Our mission statement stresses networking with other area photographic organizations while encouraging growth with our photography skills through presentations by our members and guest speakers. Group dive outing to both cold and warm water destinations provided additional opportunities for us to practice and improve our techniques while increasing our image portfolios. Our annual film festival, generally held in August each year, provides a platform to display our work and compete for publication in the club calendar.
Membership is open and very diverse. Membership ranges from first-time image makers to professionals.
If you are interested in joining our club or would just like information about upcoming events, please contact us.